Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Can a person live on popsicles?

M. and I are testing whether or not you could survive on Popsicles alone.

To distract myself from how flippin' hot it is, here are some pics:

Finn's new favorite toy. The back is yellow satin, then the front is plush. It has crinkle stuff in the middle and the points of the star are easy for Finn to stick in his mouth.

Here he is playing with it.

Here's Finn actually enjoying tummy time. Yes, instead of screams ensuing, he actually looks around and enjoys himself. And after rolling on Fathers' Day then taking a break, Finn is now effortlessly rolling from tummy to back. Four times last night.

Methods to Beat the Heat
  • Ice pack in the car seat
  • Ice water in a mister
  • Swamp cooler (pan of ice in front of fan)
  • Go to mall
  • Wet washcloth on Finn
  • Breast milk popsicles
Any other ideas?


8 Comments:

At 7/11/2007 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the breast milk popsicles work? Like for real. If you're joking, then nevermind. I was just intrigued by a new way to feed my child. =D

 
At 7/12/2007 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breast milk popsicles! Freaking brilliant!

 
At 7/12/2007 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Very nice list! I wish I would have heard of some of those things when my kids were babies. The only way my babies kept cool was staying naked and taking lots of cool baths. But that was a million years ago, at least it seems that way. My oldest, Tana, will be 17 (holy. freakin'. shit. batman. 17.) next month. My boy, Shane, is 15 1/2, and my "baby", Cami, will be 13 in October...

Enjoy this time. It goes by so so fast!

Love,

Traci

 
At 7/12/2007 9:32 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

OMG, Traci...I can't believe I have a 3 month old and you have kids in high school.

The breast milk popsicles worked. We put a ice cube of breast milk in a Munchkin feeder and Finn sucked on it.

 
At 7/12/2007 9:44 AM, Blogger Shelli said...

air conditioning, darling, air conditioning.

We have a unit in each room - wouldn't survive without it.

 
At 7/12/2007 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Ideas.
heres one.
Put his blankie in the fridge. and chill it. when he takes naps you can put them around him and the crib will stay cool. I do this for my grandbaby when she comes over. she's 2 1/2 Now when she takes naps she asks for her cold blankie! :-) love it!

 
At 7/12/2007 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another thing we do is, if we are out walking we put a pillow case in a zip lock and place it in a cooler if it gets to hot out we take it out and give it to her. it don't last very long but she likes it.

 
At 7/12/2007 3:35 PM, Blogger Lo said...

who's eatin' the breastmilk popsicles?

We've been huddling in the A/C and taking cold showers,which helps immensely (standing in front of a fan after cold shower rocks). I'm not sure how cold showers translate to a baby, however.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home