Sunday, January 15, 2006

Aren't Moms Great?

Ok, I may not always think so as they certainly can be annoying too. But, at the moment, I'm having happy mom thoughts. Since telling my parents back in August about Project Baby and meeting with them and talking things over for a day, they haven't ever brought it up again. Now, it's been several months since then and Sacha and I have gone though a lot emotionally and have made serious decisions. But, since my mom never asked any questions, I secretly started to think she didn't really want to hear about it and therefore didn't share our process.

I decided that I needed to tell her that we had selected a known donor and would be starting soon. I mean, we could possibly be pregnant (ack!) in two weeks and I wanted to tell her we were actively TTC before giving her that big news. So, I called her yesterday and let her know the contract was signed and we were moving forward. She was surprisingly supportive and asked several questions, though no inappropriate ones.

These are the parents that I basically had no relationship with for 7 years after coming out to them. So, I'm delighted that they're so on board and so happy to have the relationship I have with them now. Sometimes you have to lose something to realize how much it means to you. I feel lucky.

4 Comments:

At 1/15/2006 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay M.!

Sacha (not at work ::wink::)

 
At 1/15/2006 3:07 PM, Blogger Elowyn said...

That's great! You really are lucky - I wish I could say the same about my family. Am hoping they'll come around eventually.

 
At 1/15/2006 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is excellent news. I am glad you are having such a good reaction. Good for you ladies.

Maria & Lori

 
At 1/15/2006 10:22 PM, Blogger Trista said...

I'm so glad that they're coming around.

You'll get an email from me tomorrow whan I have both hands free...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home