Friday, January 13, 2006

Two Good Signs

  1. Today is January 13th. While some might feel the 13th is unlucky, for us it is not. 4.5 years ago on August 13th I was walking down the stairs at my work. I thought I was at the bottom and stepped out. I actually was about four stairs up and fell, breaking my right ankle and spraining my left. Almost a month later they diagnosed me with a blood clot in my left calf from the fall and I ended up in the hospital on a heparin drip. While this may sound tragic, that fall completely changed the course my life. It was that experience that made me decided to be a nurse. It was that experience that helped me make life changes that have made me happier and healthier. It was that moment that set everything in motion so we can be here today ready to make a baby with a fantastic donor. So here's to LUCKY number thirteen.
  2. When we went to get gas today the price was $19.99. On January 9th, 1999 M. and I put on huge, fluffy wedding dresses, pledged our undying love and devotion and had what I has to be the BEST lesbian wedding EVAH.... Yay for 1999.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home