Monday, January 16, 2006

Complications

Okay, everything is looking fantastic, a-okay with my cycle. None of that wacky crap that everyone reports, and I'm thinking that perhaps we will be the first TTC queer girls to make it through this without a scratch. Because we are blessed, after all.

NOT!!!
  1. DtD is SICK. I mean my poor boy might have some homemade turkey soup heading his way, but SICK??????? NOW??????? M. is convinced it's caused by his underlying anxiety.
  2. Oh, and he may have to work at midnight tonight even though he's SICK.
  3. Although we are skipping the HIV test, we aren't skipping the rest. They're not back yet. So we figured we'd get them today for DtD's doc. Being a nurse, I often forget there's a rest of the world and it seems this little inconvienent holiday honoring an important civil right leader is getting in our way. NO TEST RESULTS TODAY.

Take a deep breath. In through the nose, out through the mouth. No big deal. We'll skip tonight and start tomorrow. Hopefull my OPK won't be positive and we may have bought ourselves one more crazy day.

NOT!!!

My pops is heading to Texas to work for a month as a tugboat captain (isn't that cool?). Well, seems he's leaving Wednesday morning. He calls and tells M. that he's coming up Tuesday night and will need a ride to the airport in the AM.

Um, yeah. We were planning to insem Tuesday night. Time for PLAN B:

  • If the OPK is +, DtD can come over tomorrow AM. I tend to ovulate quickly after I get a positive.
  • If OPK is -, we can start tomorrow night BUT dad will be at house, so...
  • We'll start in the afternoon then continue the next night around 1900 or...
  • We insem at their house (not sure how I feel about that).

My cycle isn't crazy but I think everything else around me is.

Peace.

6 Comments:

At 1/16/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger b. said...

Hoo-boy. Okay, okay, deep breath. Even with these curve-balls, in sounds like you do have some options. Geez, why can't anything ever be easy, eh? Here's hoping that the "goods" are, er, transfered sometime soon!!

 
At 1/16/2006 2:40 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Hello, I just love your site. I hope your situation works out tomorrow and all gets worked out.

http://emmakirstensjournal.blogspot.com

 
At 1/16/2006 3:05 PM, Blogger Eryn said...

Do your best to be realxed. The first time is always the worst. It will get better and hopefully you won't have so many curve balls in the future (or hoprfully it'll work this time and there won't be a future!)...

 
At 1/17/2006 7:08 AM, Blogger Sophia said...

I hope everything works out ok. At least you're not inseminating in:

The restroom of a large family oriented restaurant

Friend's office at the English department of a community college.

The things we do! LOL

 
At 1/17/2006 7:15 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Oh, I hope you were able to inseminate this morning.

And yes, the whole tugboat captain thing is cool.

 
At 1/17/2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you guys are having a unique time aren't you? Please post how everything goes afterwards will be anxious to hear. I know after the first time it wasn't so bad. Just remember relax and remember try to "O" afterwards to draw those little guys up so they don't have to work as hard. You know it is funny I thought I would have a hard time "o"ing afterwards but I didn't because I felt very close to my partner and well it was like we are making a baby and hopefully it will work out and well who doesn't love a good "o" LOL. Anyways best of luck and think happy wonderful thoughts. Looks like we will be testing around the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home