Friday, June 09, 2006

By the pricking of my thumbs, something IUI this way comes...

And we're back to the IUI discussion.

There's one option that we haven't explored. It's a clinic that does IUI with known donors but they were located in north Seattle and not open on the weekends. Since we might have to insem on a day that I work we really NEED to have a place close by. The weekend thing isn't a huge obstacle...we would just do IVI, espec. since DtD will go past twelve cycles with us. We decided that we might as well look at their website...

It was such a nice website, very queer friendly. I like that they aren't focused on infertility since we're not quite there yet. And...it turns out they have moved their offices and they're VERY close to my hospital now. Things were looking good. So we called....

Wow!!! What a great experience.

They were the absolute nicest people I've talked to in a long time. Very excited and supportive, warm over the phone, didn't bat an eye at us using a KD. I hung up actually feeling excited about making this decision. Finally things feel right. We can do IUI but still have the process we need. We don't have to lie. M. can be there the entire time. Our baby can start in a positive place.

We have an intake appointment for Tuesday. And DtD can come with us (unless his schedule doesn't work out.) If everything works out we may be brewing ourselves up an IUI in a little over a week.

9 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! I'm glad you found a clinic that you like--it makes a huge difference. We've done IUI since day 1 and it's really a breeze, especially when your clinic is amazing. I hope everything goes well for you!

 
At 6/09/2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Oh wow! That is soooo great; that you can move things up a gear without having to do the whole horrible lying thing, and that it's such a supportive sounding organisation. Yippee!

 
At 6/09/2006 3:17 PM, Blogger Krista said...

I am so very happy for you. I hope it works the way you want.

 
At 6/10/2006 5:05 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

wooo hoooo!!
wow! that is fantastic news. I know you are thrilled! How great to have found a clinic that you jive with.
phew

 
At 6/10/2006 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so happy for you!! You should be together when your baby is conceived! Fingers and paws all crossed for you here =)

 
At 6/10/2006 7:32 AM, Blogger Mo said...

That's great news! It makes such a difference to feel like you have people working "with" you, not just telling you how you don't fit their system.

 
At 6/10/2006 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! This seems like the best possible option for all of you. The IUI is mostly painless and will bypass some issues. Of course now you can obsess about all sorts of other IUI related things. :-)

-Carrie (targetgirl)

 
At 6/10/2006 8:03 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

YAY!!! This is the place I emailed to you a few months ago!!!! When I read your last entry, I emailed the clinic on your behalf to ask them exactly what you asked them. Anyway, I'm glad you called!! I had a few interactions with them when we were going to use Mr. Gay Sperm Man in Seattle, and they were fabulous. I'm so glad their location works for y'all.

 
At 6/10/2006 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! So glad you found a place that is supportive, even if you decide not to do IUI.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home