Saturday, June 10, 2006

Finding Distractions

Well, in an attempt to focus on something outside TTC, I think I'm going to do a triathlon.

::pause for laughter::

Okay, not a full triathlon, a relay. I'm going to swim. Jess is going to bike and D. (not DtD, just D.) has agreed to run. This is not an excuse to buy a new suit and lots of swim gear. Really. I had already planned to swim more this summer because I really love to swim, and especially outdoors.

The swim part is 800 meters, or a little less than a half mile. This translates to 18 laps (36 is a mile). I can swim 18 laps! Even if I'm fat. Even if I'm preggers. I can swim slow. I already swim slow. I CAN SWIM EIGHTEEN LAPS!

So yes, fat girls can do part-triathlons. This is the chutzpah that I'm talking about.

3 Comments:

At 6/11/2006 5:36 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

wow.
in complete awe!!

 
At 6/11/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Yay. I'll be a cheerleader: go go go!

 
At 6/11/2006 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That rocks!!! You can do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home