Tuesday, June 13, 2006

One IUI Intake Appointment Done.

Well, my blood pressure was sky high at the clinic which I've decided to worry more about tomorrow.

It was an interesting appointment. It's a clinic that originally did abortions and birth control, then decided to branch out into IUI to make money. Therefore, it's not the most professional environment.

They wanted this whole cadre of tests for both me and DtD. M. and I told them that we've exposed me to his semen no less than twenty times at this point and would like to have them use only the tests we've already had done. I mean, please, let ME be the person who decides how much risk I'm willing to take on, not YOUR lawyers. They were somewhat agreeable.

They had NO advice on when they would want to us to come in for the IUI. Basically they said they would let US tell THEM when we're ready.

It's going to be trixy. We are going to attempt an IVI prior to the IUI which will make timing crazy. We have to have DtD's MD fax his test results over and he has to fill out a medical history form. Then we all have to sign waivers. Yikes.

I think we can get it all done in time to have an IUI done in a week. Yikes.

M. and I figure that all of our schedules will allow this to work at this time. A couple cycles from now our schedules are going to be much more prohibitive and I think we'll be doing strict IVI.

That's the story for now...

1 Comments:

At 6/14/2006 9:31 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

wow. in a week?!
very, very exciting.

will everyone get to be in the room with you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home