Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Kim Family

I wanted to take a break from all consuming pregnancy to talk about the Kim family. If anyone hasn't heard, they're a family that was making their way from Seattle to San Francisco and became stuck in the snow.

There's not a lot out there that really affects me. My cynical side usually takes over quickly. What happened to this family is straight forward painfully heartbreaking.

When I think about them, I think how afraid those parents must have been. I think about anyone facing the possibility of your children dying in your arms. I imagine that decision for James Kim to leave his beautiful family must have been one of the most difficult and desperate acts a person can possibly make.

I can't imagine Kati Kim's anguish.

I hate the word 'hero'. It's become overused and political, but there is no question in my mind that Kati and James Kim are heroes.

2 Comments:

At 12/09/2006 4:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That news story made me cry. Like you, I'm usually cyncal. but things like this...It's just so sad.

 
At 12/11/2006 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is such a sad story. Every time they talk about it on the news & do the slide show of photos- I mean they are SUCH a beautiful family...it just makes my heart hurt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home