Thursday, February 08, 2007

Dr. Grandpa: The Final Chapter

I may or not may have mentioned that we ended up getting a bill for the entire Dr. Grandpa debacle. Dr. Granpa is a full-package deal. We got to cry, to have our decisions questioned and be criticized AND we got to pay for all that yummy goodness.

Fun.

I called BHOI over the summer to make payment arrangements because TTC is not covered by insurance and M. and I are certainly not rolling in money. During the conversation with the very nice BHOI rep I became more and more upset that we had to pay someone to be mean to us. I finally broke down, cried and asked him if there was anything we could do.

There was. We challenged the charge.

After all, we had to go to another OB/GYN after Dr. Grandpa because he just didn't help us. I'm more than happy to sit down and have a conversation with Dr. Grandpa, bad analogies and all, but I don't want to pay $350 to do it.

I got a call on Tuesday from the patient advocate at BHOI and they are writing off the charge.

Who says the little gal can't win.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2/08/2007 6:46 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to get out of the payment! $350?! Good Lord!

 
At 2/08/2007 8:35 AM, Blogger tifferny said...

chalk one up for the good gals. cool. :)

 
At 2/08/2007 12:27 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

you rock.

 
At 2/08/2007 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It pays to question the system! Good for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home