Monday, February 05, 2007

The JOY of Pregnancy

Can you note sarcasm on a blog? I'm not talking the joy of cooking and certainly not the joy of sex.

Some major pain has set in. I think it might be sciatica considering that it's primarily in my L buttock and shooting down my left leg. I worked the last couple days and spent a lot of time sitting on a hot pack. I can't lie on my L side without pain. I can't roll over at night without a great deal of wimpering. I'm 100% certified pathetic.

What do I do when I have pain? Take arms against a sea of troubles and, by opposing, end them!

I made an appointment with a chiropractor recommended by midwife Sally a long time ago. I'm going this AM. I'm going to call my acupuncturist and see if I can get an emergency appointment. I'm going to kick this pain in the ASS (he he).

I have five weeks plus two days more of work to get through and I really don't want to have to leave early except for bedrest. Hopefully some treatment and a lot of Tylenol will get me through.

8 Comments:

At 2/05/2007 10:46 AM, Blogger Momai said...

Good luck with that! My partner has sciatica (not pregnancy related) and I know it can be very painful. The first time she went to the chiropractor, though, she had immediate relief, so I definitely recommend it. Let us know how it works out for you!

 
At 2/05/2007 10:47 AM, Blogger Momai said...

I should mention that she continued to have relief as long as she was going and for quite a while after, too. :)

 
At 2/05/2007 11:36 AM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Chiropractic treatment is great, so I hope that it provides you with some relief.
I always come out feeling like a new woman!

 
At 2/05/2007 2:14 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Sorry you're in pain! I hope it gets easier on you!!!

 
At 2/05/2007 6:20 PM, Blogger tifferny said...

Poor Sacha. :(( I was so blessed in my pregnancy not to have experienced all the aches and pains associated with being "with child". This was primarily because I sought chiropractic treatment from the very beginning. I know it will help you!!! Until then, (((hugs)))

 
At 2/06/2007 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! I remember those days. Have you tried swimming or otherwise immersing yourself (yourselves?) in water? That brought me some relief when I was pregnant with Seph. I call Tylenol "the breath mint of painkillers". Hope the chiropractor can see you right away and send your pain packin'!

 
At 2/06/2007 1:23 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Well, I did see the chiropractor yesterday and I'm going back today and again on Friday, as well as having a pregnancy massage.

The pain was horrible last night. It was so bad that I couldn't concentrate on anything. Then this am it's a little better.

So I have an entire entourage of practitioners to keep me going. My acupuncturist, my chiropractor, my massage therapist, my family practice doc, the hypertension doc and the perinatalogist. Yet another village of people around me.

 
At 2/07/2007 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you're doing chiro, I have had the exact same kind of pain and it has *really* helped!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home