Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ultrasound Numero Five

When we got pregnant I honestly expected one or two ultrasounds, then we'd meet little boy when he arrived. It's not working out quite that way. We had number five yesterday and will probably have around ten by the time we're done. The fun of the high risk pregnancy.

The reason for the recent peek into his world was that he dropped from the 70th/80th percentile four weeks ago to the 50th percentile two weeks ago. They, being the ever curious docs, wanted to make sure his growth wasn't slowing more.

Little boy is good.

He's four pounds, five ounces, and still in the 50th percentile. Mama is happy that he's not an overachiever in the area of growth. He still has ten fingers, ten toes, two lips, one four-chambered heart and he's still uber cute. His nose was squished up against the wall of my uterus. Poor little guy is running out of room.

It's funny. Part of me is terrified of all the ultrasounds because I know the path it can lead down...interventions galore, induction when not necessary, everything we don't want. But as long as the results are okay, it's nice to know how LB is doing.

Little boy kicks 'hello' to the blogosphere and mama is off to do prenatal torture...I mean yoga.

4 Comments:

At 2/06/2007 1:23 PM, Blogger tifferny said...

Glad to hear all is well with LB and his momma too! Do you have the latest u/s pics to post?? We'd all like to see him too!! :)

 
At 2/06/2007 1:24 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

I'll scan them in but prob not until Friday. I have all my appointments this afternoon then our birth class tonight, and I go back to work Wed/Thurs which means nothing else will get done. But I will get the lastest ones up.

 
At 2/06/2007 3:41 PM, Blogger tifferny said...

cool. can't wait!

 
At 2/06/2007 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you want your birth to be as natural as possible. I hope that you get that too! I just delivered my baby early and his life was saved by those pesky ultrasounds and interventions. Sometimes they can make the difference between a healthy baby and a not so healthy baby.

Best of luck toyou!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home