Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
M & Finn

Well, I'm 36.

How did we mark the day?

We went to our First Weeks group, then we bought a ridiculously expensive diaper bag...the ridiculously cheap one from Land's End is just too small. Yes, it cost us a small bundle. Yes, we LURVE it. It's pretty and orange and blue and has lots and lots of pockets and we feel rather GRAND carrying it.

My parents brought me a cake...red velvet. In usual MY parents style, they frosted it while it was hot so it was quite strange looking. S'okay because it's cake and I'm a CAKE WHORE. Okay, perhaps I wouldn't actually whore myself, which makes me a CAKE SLUT.

Finn is Fussy Finn tonight and has refused to go to bed at any decent time...decent being before 10 pm. This is the price of the social smile. I sang him to sleep with the "Let's go out to the lobby" song (you know, the one they used to play at the movies to encourage you to go buy some Raisinettes) and M. laughed at me.

Then he woke up again. Sheesh.

The bouncey seat is just not doing the job tonight. It's going to be a long night. I'm going to send M. to bed and get the boy nice and zonked out on the boob.

11 Comments:

At 5/09/2007 5:29 AM, Blogger Jude said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 
At 5/09/2007 6:22 AM, Blogger party b said...

Happy Birthday.

And there's something to be said for having the diaper bag you want... I *love* mine and now even Beth has been known to carry it (not for it's fashionable look though).

And little Finn - shhhhh, let your moms sleep a bit!

 
At 5/09/2007 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

 
At 5/09/2007 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday you Foxy Momma!!
I have red velvet cake for my b-day as well - it is da bomb! Just discovered red velvet cake ICE CREAM. So good. If you have a publix in your are they carry it.

hope you and family have a wonderful day.
xo

 
At 5/09/2007 8:51 AM, Blogger Alayna said...

Delurking to say happy birthday! I'd say you got your best present early this year :)

 
At 5/09/2007 9:03 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Happy Birthday, I imagine it is special like no other so far!

 
At 5/09/2007 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

That's a beautiful bag!

 
At 5/09/2007 12:18 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Awww...love the mouth open while sleeping look.

Happy birthday!

That diaper bag is sweet!!!

 
At 5/09/2007 2:52 PM, Blogger Angele said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Hope you have a good one!!!

 
At 5/09/2007 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

 
At 5/10/2007 7:11 AM, Blogger Shelli said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

NICE bag!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home