Friday, May 11, 2007

Visitors

Having visitors in the evening is really hard for us. We're both learning to tell people to come around 10 am.

M.'s aunt from Cali is in town and her parents came up last night, picked up Aunt S. and came over for dinner. M. and I made salad, dressing and asparagus, as well as heated up garlic bread. We cleaned up the house. We gave Finn a bath.

By the time everyone showed up we were well into Finn's usual wind-down time. This is from around 6 pm to 10 pm when we get him into his night swaddle and I breast feed him into oblivion.

Last night he got passed around and played with. Because we were sitting down for dinner, I couldn't breast feed him as much as I'm used to. M. got him to sleep in the sling so I could eat and hang out, but we missed out on that time to nurse - I'd usually just shove food in my mouth while he's eating.

It's hard to assert ourselves for Finn's needs when we want him to be able to spend time with his grandparents and great aunt too.

As a result, we ended up with Sir Grunts-a-lot for hours last night. This morning I buried my head in my pillow and told M. to take him away to his morning bottle since I just couldn't handle the grunts anymore. Then I looked at our happy, smiling, cooing son and just melted.

At least he got some sleep.

2 Comments:

At 5/11/2007 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ladies-- popping in from the FF board (the Nov. 2006 Moms section) -- wanted to know how things went with you both -- what an adorable baby boy ! I'm so happy for you both :)

 
At 5/14/2007 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you both!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home